Monday, April 25, 2011

with the things you could do, you won't but you might

song: between the bars by elliott smith
what a wonderful man <3


so anywho for english we have to analyze a poem and do a presentation on it! I'm doing between the bars by elliott smith which I know is not a poem but whatever it's like a poem, it'll do it'll do. super fantastic beautiful lyrics, probably one of my favorite songs of all time. 


Between the bars by Elliott Smith


Drink up, baby, stay up all night
With the things you could do, you won't but you might
The potential you'll be that you'll never see
The promises you'll only make
Drink up with me now and forget all about 
The pressure of days, do what I say 
And I'll make you okay and drive them away
The images stuck in your head
People you've been before that you don't want around anymore
That push and shove and won't bend to your will
I'll keep them still
Drink up, baby, look at the stars
I'll kiss you again between the bars 
Where I'm seeing you there with your hands in the air 
Waiting to finally be caught
Drink up one more time and I'll make you mine
Keep you apart, deep in my heart
Separate from the rest, where I like you the best
And keep the things you forgot
The people you've been before that you don't want around anymore
That push and shove and won't bend to your will
I'll keep them still 



lovelovelovelovelovelovelovelove

I think one of the reasons he has such dedicated fans is because his music was influenced by love, depression, drugs, and alcohol and a bunch of different powerful stuff that really got to people, even saved their lives. plus all of his songs are pretty dang beautiful. I really can't wait to present this, I've already started making the poster! I never start my homework early! But I'm also super nervous about the fact that I have to read the whole thing in front of everyone and I really hope I don't start singing it because that would be something that would happen to me.
rip elliott

No comments:

Post a Comment